Yes. Sports massage is proven to reduce recovery time, sometimes dramatically, by shortening the time it takes for injuries to heal, and makes the after effects “better”. Sports Massage reduces the swelling and oedema associated with soft tissue injuries. After a significant injury, Sports Massage helps form strong, pliable scar tissue instead of the usual random stiff scar tissue, so that range of motion and tissue extensibility are maintained. A brief list of benefits is:
· Shortens the time it takes for an injury to heal.
· Helps to reduce swelling and oedema.
· Helps to form soft, pliable scar tissue.
· Maintains or increases the range of motion.
· Eliminates splinting in associated muscle tissue.
· Locates and deactivates “trigger points”
· Help get the athlete back into training sooner.